Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'll Never Forget You

I'll never forget you..
They said we'd never make it..
My sweet joy..
Always remember me..
----


Tonight I got one of those moments when all of a sudden memories of your ex come rushing back at you outta nowhere. I swear I'm not getting my period anytime soon, so you can rule out PMS. But these memories were so happy & sad & intense. I even found myself going through old emails, old photos, and old jokes. I was chuckling to myself like a bleating goat. It was stupid hilarious. But before I get all comfortable with these memories, I'll go & read my journal to remind myself of all the wonderful reasons I broke up with said ex to reinforce my brick wall of indifference!

And watch this video from the Noisettes. And look at lead singer, Shingai Shoniwa's natural hair! She is absolutely gorgeous.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

well...guess the emails and the paraphernalia will always evoke memories,, you seem to have the right antidote... the journals....

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

I do that sometimes...but then I get upset and start throwing things away.

bob-ij said...

I love doing that.. Not necessarily foe exes..just reminiscing about former times.
x!

Myne said...

Nostalgia. can make you high as a kite or as low as death. You seem to be doing great.

I love the music, was that really her hair? Maybe...Huh.

Anya Posh said...

Yeah Myne, it's her hair! I didn't want to draw emphasis to it because it's natural but because it's so BIG!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

reminiscing....

I've been doing a lot of that. Something recently sparked some forgotten childhood memories and I've been on memory lane every since.

Hope all is well.

NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

joicee said...

Well I don´t do reminiscing ...Leaving the past in the past always works for me

Now that woman´s hair is the ish!

Ms.O said...

I love reminiscing! Although when it is about exes it starts out great then you remember the not so great times...sigh! good to see you blogging again!

Original Mgbeke said...

Ahhh those type of memories...hmm hmm I know how it bes sometimes.
Bia, this babe how far with you and your corner corner updates. Youtube vids do not count oooo. *side eye*

Anya Posh said...

Mgbeks... ;) i know, my excuse is that i'm busy. there are too many things going on in my mind to blog about just one! i'll come back in full force soonest.

Anonymous said...

Hello from Russia!
Can I quote a post "No teme" in your blog with the link to you?

Anya Posh said...

Hi Anon, sure go ahead and quote. send me a link to your post.