1) Thank the blogger that gave you the award.
2) Then list 7 things about yourself.
3) Give out the same awards to 15 other bloggers.
4) Then contact them.
So here goes nothing:
I will start off by thanking Miss 3rdWP and Mamuje for bestowing upon my blog this wonderful honour, it's lovely, thank you dolls. *hugs*
Seven Things about Me:
1. I will start with by sharing some not so flattering things about myself. I have narcissistic tendencies. With my strong sense of perfectionism comes many flaws, like narcissism and a desperate attempt to control outcomes, feelings, and other uncontrollable things. As a result, I am frequently unhappy about the outcome of things, especially when they don’t go the way I envision. These days, I am learning to let go and let God.
2. I also have snobbish tendencies. Do you see how I did not say I’m a snob? I only display some tendencies. And I don’t do this out of a sense of elitism or an unreal sense of self-importance. It’s just that sometimes I fear being uncomfortable and will stay away from uncomfortable situations by any means possible. So for example, if my friends were going to a social event that required too much mingling, I won’t go. Not because I’m too posh to mingle, but if it’s not my scene (i.e. something I’m really into) and I suspect that it will be uncomfortable and I would rather not go.
3. I am aging prematurely. Let me explain. I’ve noticed that my classic taste for the finer and simpler things in life is not in vogue with my peers. This applies to what I eat, how I dress, what movies I love, and what activities I enjoy. Although I’m 23, I am generally more comfortable with people in their early to mid-thirties. My friends often say I should seize my youth and live in the now. But I have no idea what that even means. I have no interest in wearing ripped leggings and bohemian gladiators in the name of youthful exuberance. Moccasins and shorts are more up my alley. But I can’t deny experiencing a sense of loss when I hear those comments about my fleeting youth. Please share your thoughts: what exactly do 23 year olds do? What do they wear? How do they stay young?
4. I am in love with a man who loves me back and is incredibly smart and handsome and fabulous. But I can’t help thinking; it’s all too good to be true. What is up with that mentality that something this wonderful could happen to me? Damn it, I know I deserve a man who is smart and handsome and fabulous. Every day, I’m learning to live in the moment.
5. So on to more frivolous details about my life. People tell me I’m very nice and thoughtful. Before I used to think it was a weakness. That made me cautious and always on guard because I didn’t want people to take advantage of my generosity. But over time, I’ve come to realize and appreciate that being nice and thoughtful are actually good things, go figure!
6. I am too curious for words! I like to think google was made for me! There’s nothing that I want to know about, that I won’t find out about. The only enigmas that I haven’t cracked are algorithms and God. Algorithms; because I have the attention span of a goldfish for mathematics. And God; because God is unfathomable.
7. Sometimes I wonder why I blog. If you haven’t noticed, my postings on this blog have been few and sporadic. I know I say I will post more entries, more often; but most times I would rather just read other blogs and comment than post one of my own. Does this make me selfish? lazy? bored? I don’t know or probably a combination of all those things. But I no longer know why I’m doing this . Sometimes I think, perhaps, if I wasn’t posting anonymously, I would have a stronger commitment to this space. But I won’t go public here. I’ve already shared too much about my real life. Maybe I need to turn a new leaf and start a new (un-anonymous) blog all together. We will see.
And there you have it, seven random things about my life. The instructions for this meme say to tag 15 people. That is serious work. So since this meme has gone around blogville a fair bit, and I’m filling it out quite late - if you haven’t done it and you’re reading this post: consider yourself TAGGED!
And happy belated Valentine's day folks! I hope you laughed, got some good nookie, and ate more than your fair share of sweets. I know I did two of the above ;)