To begin my `30 Day Challenge` (see previous post), I`m starting off with 5 tried and true ways to win my heart. I believe that in male-female relationships, things can get complicated very quickly. So in my dating life, I`ve taken out the guess work and simplified things by deducing a list of qualities which seem to be working for me.
Please note that these qualities are in addition to physical appearance. And for me, physical appearance includes his height, weight, build, accent, swag*, and style. As a vain child, looks grab my attention. But a possession of the qualities listed below will determine whether or not my attention is retained. Yes girls, you`ve gotta act like a lady but thing like a man!
* - swag refers to that quality in a man that can`t quite be described. You`ve gotta see it to believe it ;)
1. Engage my mind first - I'm a complete sucker for geeky & nerdy types. I love intelligence, I love brilliance. If you have both; you've already got my attention!
2. Dazzle me with your personality - it's O.K to be yourself. If you quirky and sarcastic; that's alright too. Just let your personality shine through.
3. Make me laugh - I love a funny guy. If your sense of humour is cordial and sometimes you push the envelope, I can get into that. Being funny is more than just cracking a few recycled jokes. It's about continuity even through those down times.
4. Be your own person - do you have a hobby? are you doing something you enjoy? If I can explore your world, you become fascinating. Be the best version of yourself, not a phony replica of someone else. No one can do you like you do!
5. Always tell the truth - Yes, even when the truth hurts, let me hear it. I can handle it. If you're honest with yourself and you're honest with me, I dig that. Integrity is sexy.