And in no particular order....
1. Snuggling in the dead of Winter/
Harmattan: with that special someone. This happens preferably after dinner when we're both satiated and content. It's great to just spoon on the couch watching T.V not saying too much.
2. Making a Connection: You know how sometimes you actually take the time out to get to know someone (this applies to both sexes). And you learn about the person's hobbies and what they enjoy doing for fun. It's such a magical moment when you connect with them at the level of that thing that makes them tick. It can be a Eureka! moment (as in, wow, this person and I are so similar) or a WHOA! moment (like 'where've you been all my life?' or 'wow, I could never be friends with someone who thinks like this' or who does 'such & such'). I like making connections.
3. Passionate Sex: Yes, you knew this was cumming. But I'll only sex when there's love. You know the kind of sex I'm talking about? That type you only do with someone you're truly in love with and the love is mutual. And it's an exclusive relationship. Sex is a good thing.
4. Achievements: Sometimes do you just sit back and think of your personal accomplishments? Like mentally dust off and polish your accolades? Do you take pride in yourself and say, 'wow I've come a long way'? I don't mean this in a proud way, but I think you need to take time to give yourself credit every day. Don't sell yourself short. You are not were you used to be.
Michael Phelps after winning 8 medals in 2008.
5. On-line shopping for expensive shit: LOL! this one is a seasonal favourite for me. Every so often, I'll want to splurge on a pricey-enough-to-pay-my-rent kinda shoe. Like check what is scratching my wallet right now:
I like inexpensive stuff too. Some of my favourite sites are Forever21, GoJane (but you'll pay import duties when you ship to Canada), ModCloth, and Zappos. Remember to drop me a note with your favourite online shopping sites.
6. Good Books: I find reading great books so selfishly fulfilling! It's incredible to be able to get lost in a story, occasionally come up for air and then dive back in again. See the books I'll be reading in a few weeks in this post.
7. Laughing: I must say that I laugh at the most random things. Two nights ago, I saw this guy sneakily scratching his balls in the club. And I burst out laughing. He saw me, I saw him. But I couldn't help myself. I felt like an accomplice in the itch. It was too funny!
8. Re-discovering Old Music: Listening to Usher's 8701 album was pure bliss last week. When you listen to old music, it takes you back to a time of your life and you get re-immersed in the moment. For me when 8701 came out, I was crushing on my neighbour big time! I used to think about him all the time, frankly I was obsessed with the boy. I was 14. He was 16. It was a big deal. So when I heard that album again, it took me way back and I felt like a teenager
bursting with hormonal imbalances.
9. Getting private Facebook messages: It's so cute to see someone take their time to type out a really long essay for your viewing pleasure. The length of a message says much...